Women’s Car Insurance Information
- Start insurance shopping early (about a month beforehand) so you have time to compare prices well in advance of your renewal date. Too many of us leave this too late and end up staying where we are as a result – possibly paying more than we need to.
- If you are a novice driver we strongly recommend the Pass Plus training course. Yes it means more lessons but it’ll make you a better/safer driver and many insurers will give you a hefty discount.
- Do your homework first. Know your car details, any no claims bonus (NCB) entitlement, your (and any partner’s) driving record and any speeding points.
- Tell the insurer your likely annual mileage – if low, this might reduce the premium.
- Ask what their maximum NCB is. If you’re entitled to the maximum (some 4 years no claims history) and it’s less than 70% there may be a better deal out there.
- Never lie or cover up anything. Economic forgetfulness is no excuse in law and can invalidate your insurance when you need it most.
- Do the initial legwork via an online comparison website and then check out the best quote against Direct Line and Aviva who don’t pay to be listed by any.
- Compare the best online price with your renewal quote. If the new price is better than the old why not ask your existing insurer to match it before you jump ship. Most insurers have a department with the discretion to discount premiums to keep your business. It’s much easier to stay with the devil you know…
- If you are cutting back on cover to save money, be sure you know precisely what that means. Third Party covers anyone or anything you hit but not your car. Third Party Fire and Theft is the same but adds protection against fire or theft of your vehicle. Comprehensive cover gives you all this and vehicle protection, even if you cause the damage yourself. There is often very little difference between these cover levels so we always recommend comprehensive as you get so much more peace of mind.
- Always read the small print; sometimes the cover is so restrictive it may never pay out! Be on the look out for high excesses – it’s reasonable to expect to pay the first £100 or £150 of any claim but think twice if this is £400+ as some are now – this might be more of a gamble for you than an insurance policy.
- Before choosing the lowest rate regardless, ask about any special features that might be included, or available at a fraction of the retail cost. For example, the likes of lost key cover, legal expenses, a protected no claims bonus or even an accident/camera kit for your glovebox (in case your phone battery is low should you have an accident) are all low cost extras and can be good for your peace of mind.
- If you prefer to pay monthly, many insurers will offer this on a direct debit basis; it’ll be more expensive in total of course.
- Bogus (and inflated) insurance claims are costing honest motorists c£30 each a year. If you know of an insurance claim that isn’t genuine please report it to the Insurance Fraud Bureau’s Cheat Line on 0800 328 2550.
For personal advice about motor, home, life, health and business insurance, women can ask FOXY Lady Insurance to introduce a qualified insurance adviser that has signed the FOXY Lady Approved Insurance Promise stating
“We are committed to the highest levels of customer service and will always represent the best interests of women by listening to their needs before identifying value-for-money and female friendly insurance solutions we know and can recommend.”
FOXY Lady Drivers Club | 35 Goring Road | Steyning BN44 3GF
Tel: 01903 879988 | Email: email@example.com
Highly Commended, Brake’s Road Safety in the Community Award, 2009
Winner, Home Business Awards, 2008
Regional Finalist, HSBC Start-Up Stars Awards, 2007
Runner Up, The Daily Telegraph’s Trailblazers’ Business Awards, 2006
Small Business Award Winner, SAGA Magazine, 2005
See above for correspondence address. FOXY Lady Drivers Club Limited is a not for profit company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales No 08044120 and registered for VAT, number 134 2286 32.