It makes sense to be prepared, just in case you are ever involved in an accident.
We recommend that all motorists have
- a mobile phone
- a short checklist to remind them what to do
- a disposable camera (if their phone doesn’t take photos)
- writing pad and pen to hand.
Here is a checklist to print off and keep in your car.
- If necessary, call emergency services using 112
- Take photos of the accident scene and damage to all vehicles
- Make a note of the precise accident location and other cars/passengers involved
- Obtain details of all parties to include
Name and address
Vehicle make(s) and registration
- Obtain details of an independent witness
Female friendly approved accident repairers
It is your right to choose the repairer you want to repair your car. This might make financial sense where you have a steep insurance excess. Please note that once you have informed your insurer you will be expected to use their services, limiting your choice thereafter.
We operate a network of FOXY approved female friendly accident repairers you can trust, for major and minor bodywork and cosmetic vehicle repair.
Motor claims advice
If you are having problems getting a motor claim resolved fairly, please contact our partner website Motor Claim Guru for expert assistance. There is no charge for this initial advice.