If you have yet to book airport parking for your summer holiday, the Independent Airport Parking Association (IAPA) is warning families to steer clear of rogue operators who offer the lowest prices but put cars at risk.
Here are some great tips to help you find value for money and secure airport parking across the UK.
Tips to get the best value airport parking
- We recommend members check prices using an airport parking comparison site (see below).
- Like flights, parking prices usually increase as you get closer to your holiday and spaces get sold, so best to book now to get the best deals still available.
- Always check that the car park you choose has the Park Mark Award (The Club’s partner, APH does – see below), which means it has been police assessed and is secure and fit for purpose.
- Check for hidden costs such as transfers, airport access and booking fees.These can quickly add up.
- Read independent reviews before you book, for a comprehensive guide to previous customers’ experiences.
More Advice Before Choosing Your Airport Parking Provider
- Never rush your research. If you don’t already have a favourite, finding the best prices with the best operators will take a little bit of work. So grab a cuppa, open your browser and do it properly.
- Don’t assume on-site airport parking will always be the most convenient. Transport times from many park & ride facilities are on a par with airports’ own services and will likely be cheaper.
- Don’t trust the cheapest price or a company you don’t know. Rogue parking companies don’t have the proper parking facilities, teams and procedures in place to care for your car properly, so take a few minutes to check them out before you book.
- If you grab a lift from friends or relatives, don’t hang around at the airport drop-off point as charges at most airports rise steeply for every few minutes of your stay.
- Unless you’ve got a fantastic last minute holiday deal don’t just turn up on the day, as you’ll pay the highest car parking prices.
Nick Caunter, Chairman of the Independent Airport Parking Association says:
“Families who still need to book for the summer can find the cheapest prices by following a few simple steps, but the best piece of advice we can give is to check out the company you book with to get airport parking peace of mind – it could save you much more in the long run.”
For More Information About Car Parking Companies
Visit the AirParks comparison website.
Members can save up to 15% off APH parking and hotel rates.
Visit the Independent Airport Parking Association website to check which car parks have committed to the highest levels of professionalism and service, so you don’t need to worry about their car parking security.