The award winning Mazda3 provides a fun, sporty and dynamic drive. There’s a choice of new generation petrol and diesel engines with a 6 gear transmission and automatic gearbox option.
For some reason Mazda are marketing this car as ‘Sporty and Seductive’ at their website which doesn’t do it justice in our eyes as the safe and fun family hatchback we’d want to promote to women drivers.
So, to adjust the marketing balance towards our female market, we’re happy to introduce the new 2019 Mazda3 to Club members because it’s just been awarded a rare maximum five-star safety rating by Euro NCAP in its latest series of tests.
New 2019 Mazda3 Safety Review
The new 2019 Mazda3 performed impressively in all four Euro NCAP test categories – Adult Occupant, Child Occupant, Vulnerable Road User (pedestrian safety) and Safety Assist. They put this down to three things – the latest Skyactiv impact-absorbing yet lightweight bodyshell, advanced i-Activsense safety technologies and its pedestrian protection performance.
It gained an outstanding 98% score in the Adult Occupant Euro NCAP category with maximum points for frontal full width and pole side impacts. Mazda’s Smart Brake Support system also gained full marks in low speed tests, avoiding collisions in all scenarios.
New Mazda3 driving performance
Mazda is known for its fun-to-drive character cars and driving dynamics which have been further improved by the Skyactiv Technology programmes. It also helps when the driver can rely on responsive and predictable acceleration, braking, handling and steering.
Safety features as standard include
- Driver Attention Alert
- Driver and passenger front airbag
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Cruise Control
- Driver and passenger side airbag
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Emergency Stop Signalling
- Intelligent Speed Assist
- Smart City Brake Support – Front
- Dynamic Stability Control
- Driver’s knee airbag
- e-Call with GPS
- Driver and passenger curtain airbag
- Electronic Parking Brake with auto-hold and auto-disengage function
- Hill Hold Assist
Mazda 3 Detail
Prices start from £20595 – you ‘configure’ your own car so this depends on your specification.
Exterior features include
- 16 inch silver alloy wheels
- Rear parking sensor
- Electrically heated auto power-folding door mirrors
- Keyless entry
- LED headlights with High Beam Control
- Rear fog light
Interior features include
- Premium black cloth trim
- Passenger seat manual height adjustment
- 60:40 split fold down rear seats
- ISOFIX child seat anchorage, attached to outer rear seats
- Front and rear electric windows
- Manual air-conditioning
- Window projected colour Active Driving Display (head-up display) with Traffic Sign Recognition
From a technology point of view cars come with integrated Bluetooth®with internet app integration plus Apple CarPlayTM & Android AutoTM.
Official fuel consumption figures in mpg: Combined 42.2 – 56.5*
CO2 emissions (g/km): 128 – 107*
Your nearest MAZDA dealer
Organise a test drive
Mazda at YouTube
Mazda at Facebook